Friday, May 22, 2015

Kari Lynn Staddon is in da house!!!

Friday May 22, Albuquerque to Santa Fe, 67 miles.

Late yesterday evening my lovely wife, who had just flew in from Baltimore, joined me at the hotel in ABQ where I had the pleasure of introducing her around to my cycling peers at a nice buffet dinner.  Kari will be spending three nights in total- one in ABQ and two in Santa Fe (where we will have an off day tomorrow) .

The ride today was very beautiful and challenging with over 5000 feet of climbing.  From Los Angeles to Santa Fe we have climbed an aggregate 42,000 feet!  Much of the ride today was on the Turquoise Trail (between ABQ and Santa Fe).  Kari met me midway at a funky old mining town called Madrid (pronounced Mad Rid).  We visited the historic Santa Fe downtown for dinner and plan to return tomorrow for more exploration.




Above:  A selfie in Madrid


Above:  A new friend Kari and I made in Madrid


Above:  Between ABQ and Santa Fe



Above:  A selfie at dinner in downtown Santa Fe

No comments:

Post a Comment