Saturday, May 9, 2015

Orientation Day

Saturday May 9th, 2015, Los Angeles, CA.

Took my bike out today for a test ride down to Manhattan Beach to ensure that it had been assembled without issues- a couple of minor problems easily addressed.  The biggest adjustment is getting used to the safety flag (particularly the flexible hard plastic post ) that they attached to the left seat stays of the bikes. Everyone has been practicing mounting and dismounting their bicycles in a new way as to not trip.

Saw plenty of the SoCal Saturday morning lifestyle on display at the beach- lots of volleyball, surfing, jogging, skateboarding- along with many cyclists.

Orientation meeting this afternoon where I met the other riders and staff.  Surprisingly I think I am the 2nd or 3rd youngest.  Regardless of age  everyone looks amazingly fit.  The Crossroads owner and leader Tracy is very enthusiastic and quite detailed in everything- I feel pretty assured she and her staff have left nothing to chance.

Tomorrow morning we start for Boston!    Hoping for a good night sleep but given my excitement  level I'd be surprised.


Nervous but ready!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun and be safe! Love you and am thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - was a 2012 rider. Looking forward to following your journey - tailwinds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my hero today.. Fo sho ❤️

    Sappy

    ReplyDelete