Sunday, June 21, 2015

3,000 miles down!

Sunday June 21st, Canandagua NY to Syracuse NY, 68 miles

Neighbor and friend Craig Stout joined me this morning for the first leg.  At the SAG stop (38 miles in the ride) he flipped around and headed back to his car at the hotel in Canadagua, where he will then drive back to Maryland.  It was fun to have Craig along and give him a taste of what the Tour is like.  At the first SAG we celebrated reaching the 3,000 mile milestone.  Wow, only 400 miles to go!  Los Angeles now seems like such a long time ago.

The ride had some nice hills, and small towns.  Towards the end we got a good look at a stretch of the Erie Canal.  I did not realize that it has been non-operational since 1917.  I had some nagging mechanical issues with my bike today.  Fortunately, after my ride was completed, our crack staff mechanic  Rick, from Texas, was able to replace a cable (complicated because it is internal ) and hopefully keep me going to Boston,  Than you Rick!.


Above:  3,000 milestone near Seneca Falls NY



Erie Canal, outside Syracuse


Above:  Staff mechanic and all around nice guy Rick, who's expertise has kept me on the road



No comments:

Post a Comment